For May 31st

For May 31st

First: Read Romans 11:25-36

Second: Watch this Video

 

Third: Join this blog discussion at 6:30pm on Wednesday, May 31st!

17 comments (Add your own)

1. Bill Marquette wrote:
Hello and good evening to everyone.

I hope your week as been a good one thus far.

Looking forward to a good class this evening.

Bill

Wed, May 31, 2017 @ 6:31 PM

2. Sandy Littleton wrote:
In the first part of this reading it seems Paul is essentially repeating concepts already presented; but, maybe he thinks we need a lot of repetition to get it. I do think the doxology at the end of the reading is beautiful.

Wed, May 31, 2017 @ 6:37 PM

3. Bill Marquette wrote:
Has anyone signed on this evening. If so, what do YOU think Paul was referring to when he said "all of Israel"?

Wed, May 31, 2017 @ 6:38 PM

4. Bill Marquette wrote:
Good evening Sandy.

He may be repeating himself because he is summing up a very long point he has been making for several chapters. He leaves us with an accurate picture of the Jewish spiritual state and reveals to us God's plan for them. God is faithful, even until the end and if you want to get a picture of how long suffering and steadfast God is toward us, just look at how he treats the Jews who are slow to accept Christ as the culmination of the Law.

Wed, May 31, 2017 @ 6:42 PM

5. Sandy Littleton wrote:
As far as what "all of Israel" means in verse 26--it seems verse 27 goes with that statement and if that is the case, it may mean as verse 27 says--when I take away thier sins--then all will be saved.

Wed, May 31, 2017 @ 6:47 PM

6. Bill Marquette wrote:
That's a great point Sandy. It reinforces what I believe he is saying as well. All of Israel is, all the Jewish people who will ultimately have their sins removed. Those decedents of Abraham who will fall under the Grace of God.

Wed, May 31, 2017 @ 6:52 PM

7. Bill Marquette wrote:
The blood of Christ is just as important to the Jews and those who lived under the Old Law, as it is to Christians today.

Wed, May 31, 2017 @ 6:53 PM

8. Bill Marquette wrote:
The blood of Christ is just as important to the Jews and those who lived under the Old Law, as it is to Christians today.

Wed, May 31, 2017 @ 6:54 PM

9. Bill Marquette wrote:
Let's have some fun and get into next weeks study a little. In Chapter 12 vs. 1 Paul says "I appeal to you therefore". What do you think the therefore is referring to?

Wed, May 31, 2017 @ 6:56 PM

10. Bill Marquette wrote:
I believe Chapter 12 Vs. 1 is a pivotal point for the entire book.

Wed, May 31, 2017 @ 6:59 PM

11. Bill Marquette wrote:
Is the therefore referring to the last paragraph, chapter or chapters, or the entire book up to this point?

Wed, May 31, 2017 @ 7:00 PM

12. Sandy Littleton wrote:
I would guess therefore means since God has done so much for us by forgiving our sins, then we should desire to be lving sacrifices, etc

Wed, May 31, 2017 @ 7:02 PM

13. Bill Marquette wrote:
Next week we will be looking at Chapter 12 vs. 1-8 and to fully understand what is being said we need to explore what the word "therefore" encompasses.

Wed, May 31, 2017 @ 7:04 PM

14. Bill Marquette wrote:
Sandy,

You got it! I'm getting into next weeks lesson a little, but look at all the promises God has made to us in the first eleven chapters. Then look at how he is long suffering toward his people. Look at all the things described in the first eleven chapters of Romans. He always acts first. He has already done His part and continues to do His part. THEREFORE we should do our part.

Wed, May 31, 2017 @ 7:09 PM

15. Sandy Littleton wrote:
I am looking forward to chapter 12 as well even though, as you say, it is very familiar, reviewing it will be refreshing. Thanks for you commitment to this study.

Wed, May 31, 2017 @ 7:13 PM

16. Bill Marquette wrote:
Thank you Sandy!

I will be signing off for the evening now. But if there are any more comments pleas make them and I will check for them tomorrow and respond in turn.

God's blessings to all

Bill M.

Wed, May 31, 2017 @ 7:15 PM

17. Bill Marquette wrote:
My apologies to everyone. The video for this week was not loaded. We will pick up with Romans Chapter 12 and Vs. 1 next week.

Again my apologies to everyone.

Bill Marquette

Wed, June 7, 2017 @ 6:40 PM

Add a New Comment


code
 

Comment Guidelines: No HTML is allowed. Off-topic or inappropriate comments will be edited or deleted. Thanks.